lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Danil ŢORIN <torin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: contains functionality in Lucene
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 14:34:23 GMT
You can generate n-grams: for example when you index "lucene" you
create tokens "luce", "ucen", "cene".

It will increase term count (and index size), however on search you
will simply search for a single term, which will be extremely fast.

It depends how may documents you have, size of each document, your
query rate, expected latency, hardware...