lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Ferguson <mark.a.fergu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fields with multiple values...
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 01:11:58 GMT
One approach is to use dynamic fields, making the value of the second field
part of the name of the first field. So for example, you would have:

doc.Add (new Field ("Field1_A", "C", Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.UN_TOKENIZED));
doc.Add (new Field ("Field1_B", "D", Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.UN_TOKENIZED));

Whether this is a viable option really depends on how many fields we're
talking about and what sort of data you're indexing. I use this approach on
my project for storing users' individual data about a URL inside a single
document, by appending the user id to the field name. So I have, for
example, bookmark_title_29:"My Bookmark", and bookmark_title_35:"Another
bookmark" in the same document, and I can search bookmark titles by specific
users.