lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From chanchitodata <>
Subject Memory Eaten up by TermInfo Instances in Lucene 2.4
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 13:56:57 GMT

I have a weird problem. I use Lucene 2.4 in an web application(Tomcat
5.5.x), running uncer JDK 1.5. After a while (from 1 day to a couple
depending on traffic) all memory gets eaten up by a lot of TermInfo
instances. I have profiled the application and I can see that the TermInfo
instances does not get recovered by the GC.
I also use Compass and have been posting on a thread in the Compass
thinking that it was Compass the held on to something in memory but we have
come into conclusion that it must be Lucene that keeps holding on the the

I have read the thread
and tried to divide my index into smaller parts but with the same result.

The index contains about 1.5Gb with around 2.7 Million documents and aprox.
30 Fields.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message