lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jay Malaluan <>
Subject Re: TopDocCollector vs Hits inquiry
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 03:34:16 GMT

As I was reading the post "Re: TopDocCollector vs Hits: TopDocCollector
slowing....", I just got curious on how he explained his change from Hits to
TopDocCollector. I'm assuming that the Hits is returned from a call of:
Searcher searcher = new Searcher();, xxx) - that will return a Hits object

I was searching the javadoc API (2.3 and 2.4) and didn't found any method
that returns TopDocCollector object from a, xxx) call.

Would be a great help is someone can expound this. I might be able to use
this in future implementation.

Jay Joel Malaluan

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: