lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Joel Halbert <>
Subject Optimal Solution for Unique Field Values
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2009 13:02:17 GMT

I'm looking for an optimal solution for extracting unique field values.
The rub is that I want to be able to perform this for a unique subset of per the example:

I have an index with Field1 and Field2.

I want "all unique values of Field1 where Field2=X".

Other than actually performing a query, where I select all documents
that satisfy the condition Field2=x and then collecting the unique field
values myself by iterating across the hits, is there a way of leveraging
the indexreader, and enumerating across Fields, something like the
general example given here:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message