lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Joel Halbert <j...@su3analytics.com>
Subject Optimal Solution for Unique Field Values
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2009 13:02:17 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking for an optimal solution for extracting unique field values.
The rub is that I want to be able to perform this for a unique subset of
documents...as per the example:

I have an index with Field1 and Field2.

I want "all unique values of Field1 where Field2=X".

Other than actually performing a query, where I select all documents
that satisfy the condition Field2=x and then collecting the unique field
values myself by iterating across the hits, is there a way of leveraging
the indexreader, and enumerating across Fields, something like the
general example given here:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#head-a801793d7479264e29157d92440199b35266dc18

Thx,
Joel