lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Whitman" <br...@echonest.com>
Subject Re: background merge hit exception
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2009 16:04:44 GMT

> It's very strange that CheckIndex -fix did not resolve the issue.  After
> fixing it, if you re-run CheckIndex on the index do you still see that
> original one broken segment present?  CheckIndex should have removed
> reference to that one segment.

I just ran it again, and it detected the same error and claimed to fix it. I
then shut down the solr server (I wasn't sure if this would be an issue),
ran it a third time (where it again found and claimed to fix the error),
then a fourth where it did not find any problems, and now the optimize()
call on the running server does not throw the merge exception.

 Did this corruption happen only once?  (You mentioned hitting dups in
the past...
> but did you also see corruption too?)

Not that we know of, but it's very likely we never noticed. (The only reason
I discovered this was our commits were taking 20-40x longer on this index
than others)