lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Shackles" <gshack...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with installing Lucene
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 14:47:48 GMT
You don't really "install" it as it is not its own standalone application.
You write the software that interfaces with the Lucene API.  The src zip you
mentioned has all the Lucene source, so you can use that if you want to
compile the library yourself.  If you want to use the precompiled binary of
it (easiest method), just grab the JAR from the other zip.

Depending on what you need, there might be something already built that can
do what you want.  I can't look up links right now but you might want to
look into Solr and see if that works for what you want.  Otherwise, I think
there are code samples and whatnot on the Lucene site to help get you
started writing your own application.  It's very easy to use : )

Also, this list is the right place to go if you do your development in
Java.  And this list is great for getting help if you get stuck or need
advice!

- Greg