lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: why would Explanation be *ALWAYS* null?
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 07:37:45 GMT

: even mention that possibility. When I debug through the call, I find the
: "explanation" in this code inside class MarkupContainsQuery (which is
: the code that gets called):
: 			// TODO SY - implement
: >>>>>>>>>		return null;
: 		}

that's definitely not good ... but (unless i'm a *LOT* more tired then
i think) it's also not in the Lucene code base.

: This seems, um, bad, esp. as I did nothing to *decide* the type of my
: query, but merely created it from the user-entered string like this:
:
: 	Query query = _parser.parse(queryString);
: 	Query rewrite = query.rewrite(_reader);
:
: And the field _parser was created like this:
:
: 	Analyzer analyzer = new StandardAnalyzer();
: 	QueryParser parser = new QueryParser("contents", analyzer);
: 	_parser XMLFragmentParser(parser);

I don't really understand that code ... it doesn't seem to be legal java.
is that last line suppose to be an assignment to a _parser variable from
a constructor to some class named XMLFragmentParser ?

where did you get XMLFragmentParser from?  I'm seeing mentions here that
seem like they might be applicable, but i'm not fiding any code...
    http://riao.free.fr/papers/15.pdf

: So -- what's the right thing to do?

I'd file a bug with whoever provided you the XMLFragmentParser and
MarkupContainsQuery classes.

-Hoss