lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re-combining already indexed documents
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 16:50:16 GMT
Hello,

the easiest way would be to construct the combined document using the
data from your primary source rather than reconstructing it from the
index. If the source data no longer is available you could still
reconstruct a token stream. The data is however a bit spread out so it
can turn out to be a bit tricky. Payloads can only be accessed via
TermPositions and start/end offsets can only be accessed via  the
TermFreqVector. The fastest way to reconstruct the token stream would
be to use the TermFreqVector but if you didn't store it at index time
you would have traverse the inverted index using TermEnum and
TermPositions in order to pick up the term values and positions. This
can be a rather time consuming process if you have a large index.

The code of TermVectorAccessor in contrib/miscellaneous might be
helpful.

       karl