lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Koji Sekiguchi <k...@r.email.ne.jp>
Subject Re: Exception when field sort.
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 01:54:05 GMT
See Sort class javadoc:
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/javadoc/org/apache/lucene/search/Sort.html

It says:

The fields used to determine sort order must be carefully chosen.
Documents must contain a single term in such a field, and the value of
the term should indicate the document's relative position in a given
sort order. The field must be indexed, but should not be tokenized, and
does not need to be stored (unless you happen to want it back with the
rest of your document data). In other words:

document.add (new Field ("byNumber", Integer.toString(x),
Field.Store.NO, Field.Index.NOT_ANALYZED));

Koji