lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene index updation and performance
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:50:33 GMT
You should look over the FAQ, lots of information there.

See: http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ

You can index and search in parallel, but a searcher doesn't
see additions to an indexer until the underlying IndexReader is
closed/reopened (see the FAQ section:

Does Lucene allow searching and indexing simultaneously?)

Best
Erick