lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with installing Lucene
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 16:44:32 GMT
Please start a new topic when changing subjects. See:

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack<http://people.apache.org/%7Ehossman/#threadhijack>
Thread Hijacking on Mailing Lists

When starting a new discussion on a mailing list, please do not reply to
an existing message, instead start a fresh email.  Even if you change the
subject line of your email, other mail headers still track which thread
you replied to and your question is "hidden" in that thread and gets less
attention.   It makes following discussions in the mailing list archives
particularly difficult.
See Also:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_hijacking