lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From 1world1love <jd_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: java.io.IOException: read past EOF non-corrupt index
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 16:12:29 GMT

Michael McCandless-2 wrote:

> That exception seems to indicate that the fdx file being opened by
> FieldsReader is 0 length (it's trying to read the first int from that
> file).
>
> Is the exception repeatable, if you try again to call
> IndexReader.open?
>
> It's odd that CheckIndex finds no problem with the index, but opening
> an IndexReader does.
>
> Or: did you try to open the IndexReader while the IndexWriter was
> still open?  Or had IndexWriter already been closed?

Thanks Michael.

The exception happens whenever I call open on the indexreader.

There are no open indexwriters on the index as far as I know. Although I am
not certain of exactly how Oracle manages objects and GC, I assume that if I
close a reader then it should be closed in which case there should not be
any open. Although it is not efficient, the readers and writers are only
open for the duration of the stored procedure call.

Michael McCandless-2 wrote:

> Can you post "ls -l" output from your index dir?

drwxrwxrwx   2 sdapp sdapp 2.0K Jan  7 09:53 .
drwxr-xr-x  15 sdapp 10001 2.0K Jan  6 15:22 ..
-rwxrwxrwx   1 sdapp sdapp   59 Dec 30 13:22 segments_1q9
-rwxrwxrwx   1 sdapp sdapp   20 Dec 30 13:22 segments.gen
-rwxrwxrwx   1 sdapp sdapp  18G Dec 30 13:22 _v3.cfs