lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From 1world1love <jd_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: java.io.IOException: read past EOF non-corrupt index
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 16:00:26 GMT

Erick Erickson wrote:

> I guess my first question, based on your statement that you ran
> checkindex from a different machine would be whether you have
> the same version of Lucene installed on both machines? And how
> did you get your index where it is now? did you optmize it in place
> or did you optimize it somewhere else and copy it?
>
> And what happens if you open it with Luke? I believe that Luke will
> give you some idea how it was created, but I'm not totally sure.

Thanks Erick.

I do have the same version on both machines (2.4.0). The original index was
created in place with 2.3. I made a copy of the original and deleted some
documents from the copy and then optimized it.

The index sits on space that is mounted from both the machines.

The caveat is that the machine that I get the error on is an Oracle DB
server. The code is called from a Java stored procedure within the Ojvm. I
also created the original index from a stored procedure within the Ojvm.

I can't open it with Luke because I only have CLI access or through the
Ojvm.