lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Marcelo Ochoa" <marcelo.oc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.io.IOException: read past EOF non-corrupt index
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 16:22:03 GMT
Hi:
   Could you try open the index using Luke but using the JDK bundled
with the Oracle DB?
   I mean, try to use Luke as an standalone application in the same
machine but outside the OJVM using the JDK at:
   $ORACLE_HOME/jdk
   which was used to compile most of the classes running inside the OJVM.
   Also you can drop me an email (not to the list because is quite off
topic) to help you how to debug an application inside the OJVM.
   I have experience writing the Lucene Domain Index for Oracle 11g
which is a Lucene 2.4.0 implementation running inside the OJVM but
replacing the file system store by BLOB store.
   http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddgw7sjp_54fgj9kg
   Best regards, Marcelo.
On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 2:12 PM, 1world1love <jd_cowan@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Michael McCandless-2 wrote:
>>
>> That exception seems to indicate that the fdx file being opened by
>> FieldsReader is 0 length (it's trying to read the first int from that
>> file).
>>
>> Is the exception repeatable, if you try again to call
>> IndexReader.open?
>>
>> It's odd that CheckIndex finds no problem with the index, but opening
>> an IndexReader does.
>>
>> Or: did you try to open the IndexReader while the IndexWriter was
>> still open?  Or had IndexWriter already been closed?
>>

> Thanks Michael.
>
> The exception happens whenever I call open on the indexreader.
>
> There are no open indexwriters on the index as far as I know. Although I am
> not certain of exactly how Oracle manages objects and GC, I assume that if I
> close a reader then it should be closed in which case there should not be
> any open. Although it is not efficient, the readers and writers are only
> open for the duration of the stored procedure call.
>

> Michael McCandless-2 wrote:
>>
>> Can you post "ls -l" output from your index dir?
>>

> drwxrwxrwx   2 sdapp sdapp 2.0K Jan  7 09:53 .
> drwxr-xr-x  15 sdapp 10001 2.0K Jan  6 15:22 ..
> -rwxrwxrwx   1 sdapp sdapp   59 Dec 30 13:22 segments_1q9
> -rwxrwxrwx   1 sdapp sdapp   20 Dec 30 13:22 segments.gen
> -rwxrwxrwx   1 sdapp sdapp  18G Dec 30 13:22 _v3.cfs
>
> --

Marcelo F. Ochoa
http://marceloochoa.blogspot.com/
http://marcelo.ochoa.googlepages.com/home