lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Toke Eskildsen ...@statsbiblioteket.dk>
Subject Re: java.io.IOException: read past EOF non-corrupt index
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 09:05:55 GMT
On Tue, 2009-01-06 at 23:07 +0100, 1world1love wrote:
> Greetings all. I have an index that I have optimized and when I try to open
> the index I get this:
>
> java.io.IOException: read past EOF

A quick check when a corrupt index problem is encountered:
Does any of your machines run Java 1.6.0_04-1.6.0_10b25?
If they do, they are probably the cause.

We got burned by this and added a fail-fast to our application,
which checks for the critical Java-versions. The version can be
requested by System.getProperty("java.runtime.version").