lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From amar.sann...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Lucene search problem
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2008 08:36:44 GMT
Hi Aaron Schon/EricK,

That really make sense to me but it really seems easy if is the string
object. See the object structure I have it below hopefully that gives you
some idea

class Recipe {
@DocumentId
Integer id;
@IndexedEmbedded
Chain chain;
//gettter and setter
}

class Chain {
@DocumentId
Integer id;
@Field(index = Index.TOKENIZED, name="chainName")
String name;
//getter and setter
}

I am creating index on the recipe object. and for some recipe.m_chain would
be null. So can you tell me how do I assign the value "NULLNULNULLNULL" for
object chain in recipe.

I also was thinking if #FieldBridge help me this way. My plan was to have
default value where chain is null as you mentioned. but it does not seems to
work for null values.

Please suggest

Thanks in advance.
-Amar