lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Order of fields returned by Document.getFields()
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 16:56:20 GMT
On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Patrick Johnstone
<pjohnstone@dejavunet.net> wrote:
> As I said in the original email, my issue is that I don't
> think Lucene is returning the fields in the original order
> anymore.

Hmmm, you're right.

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/LuceneFAQ
states "
  What is the order of fields returned by Document.fields()?
  Fields are returned in the same order they were added to the document.
 "

Multiple values for a single field name should always be returned in
the same order,
but should we (continue to) make the guarantee about fields of
different names?  Is anyone relying on that?

-Yonik