lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "no spam" <mrs.nos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lucene search options
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 15:24:48 GMT
The reason our users want to do this is because they want to search for
instances where certain negative conditions are true.  My client is the news
industry and this is metadata for things like reporter, type, etc.
 Sometimes you want -reporter:mark for example and this is the only criteria
to search against the index.

Am I thinking about this wrong?

I did try using the MatchAllDocsQuery class and it expands to something like
this:

summary:matchalldocsquery -reporter:*mark*

but I don't get any results which is not what I expect for my does not
contain query above.