lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Shackles" <gshack...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Filtering accents
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2008 14:36:57 GMT
Just thought I'd comment since I had to do word processing before indexing
in my application as well.  Matt's method is pretty similar to what I did.
I wrote a filter that transforms the tokens as they get indexed (and also
use that for searching).  Since I am indexing a block of words, rather than
one document per word, I store the word in its original form in the payload
of the token so I can retrieve it from the search.  If your documents
contain one word each, then Matt's suggestion of a stored field would be the
right way to go.  If not, I would suggest using payloads.

- Greg