lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Shackles" <gshack...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to search for "-2" in field?
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 14:33:18 GMT
I admit I only read through this thread quickly so maybe I missed something,
but it sounds like you're trying different Analyzers for searching, when
what you really need is to use the right analyzer during indexing.
Generally you want to use the same analyzer for both indexing and searching
so that you get the results you would expect.  That's where I would start in
trying to figure out the problem, since switching analyzers on the search
side probably won't help you.

Greg