lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ian Lea" <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IndexReader delete
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:03:38 GMT
Well, if the indexing is happening in a separate process then that
will have locked the index and you won't be able to delete by reader
in your search process.  I'd suggest passing the deletions to the
indexer process.  In my experience everything works smoother when all
index modifications happen in one process.

--
Ian.