lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ian Lea" <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need Opinion!!
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:32:46 GMT
Hi

Would using lucene help improve performance?  Probably.  Lucene is
blindingly fast and 5,000,000 docs is not huge by lucene standards.
But we don't know how fast the existing implementation is.

Should you move to lucene?  Your call, to balance the expected
performance gain over the work involved.

If you do decide to move to lucene you should, as Erick said just
yesterday, be sure to "take off your DB hat".
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-searching-in-2-indexes-p21017290.html

--
Ian.