lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "John Wang" <john.w...@gmail.com>
Subject NIOFSDirectory
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 21:11:13 GMT
Hi guys:
    We did some profiling and benchmarking:

    The thread contention on FSDIrectory is gone, and for the set of queries
we are running, performance improved by a factor of 5 (to be conservative).

    Great job, this is awesome, a simple change and made a huge difference.

    To get NIOFSDirectory installed, I didn't find any documentation
(doesn't mean there aren't any), after reading the code, I resorted to:

  static
  {

System.setProperty("org.apache.lucene.FSDirectory.class",NIOFSDirectory.class.getName());
  }
   I am sure this is not the intended usage, as this is really ugly. What is
the suggested usage?

Thanks

-John