lucene-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: optimize: went from 14488449 to 38449
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2008 21:07:25 GMT

OK.  Thanks for bringing closure here.

Mike

1world1love wrote:

>
>
>
> Michael McCandless-2 wrote:
>>
>>
>> How did you delete the documents?  EG, by docID using IndexReader, by
>> Term or Query using IndexWriter?
>>
>> And when you said your previous index had 14488449 docs, was  
>> numDocs()
>> or maxDoc()?
>>
>>
>
> I deleted by docid. I got the number by numdocs.
>
> Just to followup, I think that this was caused by some filesystem  
> issues. My
> sysadmin said there were numerous nfs errors in the log.
>
> Also, after this happened, I ran a checkindex and got a weird EOF  
> exception.
>
> Since then, I made another copy and did a checksum on all of the  
> files and
> then did the optimize and it worked fine.
> -- 
> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/optimize%3A-went-from-14488449-to-38449-tp21085589p21134951.html
> Sent from the Lucene - Java Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message