lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Default and optimal use of RAMDirectory
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2008 03:22:54 GMT
Let me add to that that I clearly recall having a hard time getting the tests for that particular
section of LIA1 to clearly and consistently show that using the RAMDirectory buffering approach
instead of vanilla IndexWriter yields faster indexing.  Even back then IndexWriter buffered
indexed data in memory, though today's IndexWriter is much, much better at it.

Otis --