lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Khawaja Shams" <kssh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Indexing Names in Lucene -- Thomas = Tom, etc
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 22:02:43 GMT
Hi,   Yes that is pretty obvious that I would have to index Tom, but I think
you missed the point. I don't have a list of names with their nick names,
and this is pretty common: Mike being Michael, Richard being Rich or Dick,
William could be Bill or Will, etc. I thought I would check if there was a
canonical way of doing this before building my own list from common sir
names.  Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
Khawaja Shams