lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: Lucene and JSON
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2008 12:58:28 GMT
Thom,

Lucene support binaries and arbitrary strings... this is far enough to
store JSON or XML... (much independently of its size!).

E.g. we store some objects in JSON using xStream serialization (that
is we add a field which is stored containing the object
serialization... it could be XML or native serialization), it would
make no big difference (especially since compression is there).

paul