lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "vikas bucha" <vikasbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with sorted results.
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2008 05:46:07 GMT
Hi,

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.

I have an index with few fields. Title, Description, Author etc.
For a search query "business development", the equivalent lucene query I
build is:

*(TITLE: business^9.00 OR AUTHOR: business^3.00 OR
development^3.00 OR DESCRIPTION:development^1.00)
*
The expected result is to get all documents having both *business* and *
development* in the *TITLE* on top, followed by any one in TITLE and the
other in AUTHOR(if available) followed by both in AUTHOR and so on..., till
we get all docs having all the terms appearing anywhere in the document. But
the results are completely different from the expectation.

Please reply if you'd require any other information.

This might be a trivial issue for the pros. I have pulled my hair at it for
a while.
Any help with what's wrong here would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Vikash.
--
If there's no way out, then let's make one.