lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Philip Ogren <phi...@ogren.info>
Subject updating payloads
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2008 19:34:05 GMT
Is it possible to update the payloads of an existing index?  I having
troubles finding any mention of this on the mailing list archives and it
is not obvious that this is possible from the api.  I do not want to
change the size of the payloads - just update the values.  My payloads
values depend on values returned from reader.docFreq().  I don't want to
update often - just once - and I would settle for a very hackish way of
doing it if needed.  I suppose in the worst case scenario I could update
the .cfs file directly - but now I expose my naivety.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Philip