lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Preetham Kajekar <preet...@cisco.com>
Subject Combining results of multiple indexes
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 05:57:38 GMT
Hi,
 I am new to Lucene. I am not using it as a pure text indexer.

 I am trying to index a Java object which has about 10 fields (like id,
time, srcIp, dstIp) - most of them being numerical values.
 In order to speed up indexing, I figured that having two separate
indexers, each of them indexing different set of fields works great. So
I have the first 5 fields in index1 and the remaining in index2.

 Now, I want to have boolean AND query's looking for values in both
indexes. Like f1=1234 AND f7=ABCD.f1 and f7 and present in two separate
indexes. Would using the MultiIndexReader help ? Since I am doing an
AND, I dont expect that it would work.

Thanks,
 ~preetham