lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Document.getBinaryValue returning null after upgrading to 2.4 for the data which was indexed using 2.3.1
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 23:26:01 GMT
rahul_k123 wrote:
> Thanks for the response. I guess this is the problem, but not sure whether it
> happens on optimize.
>
> This is what happening exactly
>
> the field is still present (not null) and is marked as binary, but the data
> is not there - Field.getBinaryLength() returns 0.

It may or it may not be the same bug ... I'm not sure, but the symptoms
are the same. The bug would occur also during partial merges, which
Lucene initiates itself in the background, even if you don't call
IndexWriter.optimize().

Please create a JIRA issue describing the symptoms (precisely!), and the
versions of Lucene involved.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><