lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Prafulla Kiran <prafu...@tachyontech.net>
Subject Re: Lucene Data Structures
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 05:12:08 GMT
Well, I have seen this link many times before. It doesn't really explain
the data structures part of it. Perhaps I should have asked my question
this way:
"What data structures are being used by Lucene to read the posting lists
from the index ?" .
My guess is that a hash table is being used for reading the postings of
each term, with the key being the term and the hash value being a multi
level skip list.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
Prafulla