lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bamford <chris.bamf...@scalix.com>
Subject searching in 2 indexes
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 16:33:21 GMT
Hi

I have a situation where I have two related indexes which are logically
linked by a common field called INDEXID. All other fields differ between
the two indexes. For any given INDEXID I would like to be able to
retrieve the matching pair of documents, one from each index. (Logically
this is an AND /i.e. /only return anything if there is a document with
INDEXID /X/ in index A *and* in index B.)

Is there a nifty way to do this with a single query or must I first
search one, then the other?
I thought perhaps MultiSearcher might do it, but now I'm not so sure ...

Thanks...

- Chris