lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Prafulla Kiran <prafu...@tachyontech.net>
Subject Lucene Data Structures
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 05:15:25 GMT
Hi Everybody,

Could someone please explain the actual data structures being used by
Lucene for storing the postings list in the index. I see a file called
MultileveSkipListReader and MultiLevelSkipListWriter. Is lucene using
Multi-level skip lists behind the scenes, for maintaining the index ? I
want to understand clearly the actual data structure being used by
lucene for storing the index and postings list, so that I can deduce the
complexity for reading from that datastructure and decide whether my
application would scale as per my requirements while using Lucene. So,
someone please give me some pointers to the data structures being used
by Lucene .

TIA,
Prafulla