lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Hall <mh...@informatics.jax.org>
Subject Re: How to search for "-2" in field?
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 13:03:35 GMT
Are you absolutely, 100% sure that the -2 token has actually made it
into your index?

As a VERY basic way to check this try something like this:

import org.apache.lucene.index.TermEnum;

public class IndexTerms {

    try {
        IndexReader ir = IndexReader.open("C:/Search/index/index");

        TermEnum te = ir.terms();

        while (te.next()) {
            System.out.println(te.term().text());
        }
    }
    catch (Exception e) {;}
    }
}

Then look through the output, verifying that the tokens you are
expecting to exist in your index, actually do.

I have a feeling that whatever analyzer you are using is dropping the
"-" from the front of your "-2" at indexing time, and if so it can
sometimes be pretty hard to tell via Luke.

Hope this helps,

-Matt