lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GWT port of Lucene's QueryParser
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 12:43:20 GMT
Paul Libbrecht wrote:

> Hello again list,
>
> has anyone tried to port or simply run the QueryParser of Lucene to GWT?
> It would look like a very nice thing to do to provide direct rendering
> of the query interpretation (it could be made into a whole editor
> probably, e.g. removing or selecting parts of the query).
>
> thanks in advance
>
> paul
I dont think its worth the effort Paul (though it sounds like a fun
thing to try, as long as JavaCC sticks to GWT compatible core classes).
Seems a lot easier to just run the queryparser server side though and
move the results back and forth with rpc. As a side note, Mark Harwood
worked on a cool GWT port of Luke.

- Mark