lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Filtering accents
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2008 17:21:39 GMT
Tom:

Have a look at ASCIIFoldingFilter.

otis@lesina:~/workspace/asf-lucene$ svn log ./src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/ASCIIFoldingFilter.java
r724053 | markrmiller | 2008-12-06 18:25:42 -0500 (Sat, 06 Dec 2008) | 1 line

LUCENE-1390: Added ASCIIFoldingFilter, a Filter that converts alphabetic, numeric, and symbolic
Unicode characters which are not in the first 127 ASCII characters (the "Basic Latin" Unicode
block) into their ASCII equivalents, if one exists. ISOLatin1AccentFilter, which handles a
subset of this filter, has been deprecated.

You'll have to use the trunk version of Lucene (or a nightly build) in order to use this new
ASCIIFoldingFilter class.

Otis