lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Lucene in Action book. Problems with first example
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:49:24 GMT

Lucene in Action is based on the 1.4.x release of Lucene, which is
quite old by now and unfortunately some of the APIs have since been
removed.

We are working on the 2nd edition to fix this, but in the mean-time
you need to migrate to the new APIs when you see the errors.

Eg, if you look in the 1.9 javadocs for Field, it will tell you what
new API to use instead of Field.Keyword, Field.Text, etc:

   http://lucene.apache.org/java/1_9_1/api/org/apache/lucene/document/Field.html

Mike