lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene search problem
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2008 13:58:21 GMT
Try searching the mailing list archives for a fuller discussion, but
the short answer is usually to index an unique value for your
"null" entries, then search on that, something totally
outrageous like, say AAABBBCCCDDDEEEFFF.

Alternatively, you could create, at startup time, a
Filter of all the docs that *do* contain terms for the
field in question, flip the bits and use the Filter in your
searches. (Hint: see TermDocs/TermEnum)

Best
Erick