lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lucene 2.4 sorting slowness
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 21:52:54 GMT
Are you measuring only the time to execute the searcher.search line or
are you measuring the time it takes to iterate the Hits object? The reason
I ask is that something like
for (int idx = 0; idx < hits.length(); ++idx) {
    <do something with doc idx>
}

will re-execute the query every 100 documents examined or so. For
examining more than the first few documents, a HitCollector is preferred.

But Michael's question is at least as germane.

Best
Erick