lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ID field - hundreds?
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 14:14:01 GMT
How are you measuring speed? See the FAQ about query
speed...

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/LuceneFAQ

Also be aware that the first few queries have very significant overhead.

You've really got to provide more detail to get meaningful help. How big
is your index? How do you measure response? Where are your
code examples?

Best
Erick