lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie: MatchAllDocsQuery sample?
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 14:11:29 GMT
The usual reason for this is that you need to look at your
analyzers. What analyzers are you using during index AND
query time? The first thing I suspect here is capitalization. Are
you sure that both your index and query analyzers fold case?

Especially if you're new to Lucene, get a copy of Luke. It lets
you examine your index, try queries, see how queries are
parsed, etc. It's invaluable.

Let's see the indexing fragment and the search fragment
of code and we'll probably be able to give you better advice..

Best
Erick