lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Gustavo Corral" <gustavo.cor...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene evaluation (XML)
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2008 07:57:15 GMT
Hello all,

I want to do some kind of evaluation of my Lucene application, but the
problem is that I'm indexing XML documents with a specific DTD and I have
just a small collection. Is there a way to run a quality benchmark using the
benchmark package in Lucene with my own collection an queries? I have seen
too something about mean average precision, but I can't find any reading
about how to implement it.

My XML documents have elements like: title, body, div (for sections),
references, keywords, figures... and those are the fields I indexed in
Lucene.