lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Amin Mohammed-Coleman <ami...@gmail.com>
Subject Field Not Present In Document
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2008 20:19:02 GMT
Hi

I have the following situation:

Document document = new Document();
		String body ="This is a body of document";
		Field field = new Field("body", body, Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.ANALYZED);
		document.add(field);

		String id ="1234";
		Field idField = new Field("id", id, Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.ANALYZED);
		document.add(idField);
		rtfIndexer.add(document);
		System.out.println(document.getFields());

When I print the fields of the document I get the following:

stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<body:This is a body of
document>, stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<id:1234>]

The RtfIndexer looks like this:

	public void add(Document document) {
		IndexWriter rtfIndexWriter =
IndexWriterFactory.createIndexWriter(rtfDirectory, analyzer);
		try {
			rtfIndexWriter.addDocument(document);
			LOGGER.debug("Added Document:" + document + " to index");
			commitAndOptimise(rtfIndexWriter);
		} catch (CorruptIndexException e) {
			throw new IllegalStateException(e);
		} catch (IOException e) {
			throw new IllegalStateException(e);
		}
	}

	private void commitAndOptimise(IndexWriter rtfIndexWriter) throws
CorruptIndexException,IOException {
		LOGGER.debug("Committing document and closing index writer");
		rtfIndexWriter.optimize();
		rtfIndexWriter.commit();
		rtfIndexWriter.close();
	}

However I load the Document using the below code:

		Directory directory = ((RtfIndexer)rtfIndexer).getDirectory();
		IndexReader indexReader = IndexReader.open(directory);
		Document documentFromIndex = indexReader.document(1);
		System.out.println(documentFromIndex.getFields());

I get:

[stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<body:This is a body of document>]

It seems as though id field is not being stored in the Index...I can't
understand why not as I can have added it to the document,

I would be grateful if anyone could help!

Cheers
Amin

P.S. Merry Christmas!