lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Muralidharan V" <muralidha...@gmail.com>
Subject Suggestions for drill downs
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 23:02:41 GMT
We are evaluating lucene for a product search engine. One requirement is
that we be able to suggest the top n brands(the ones with most products in
the result set) for a given search term to further refine the search query.
The brand is stored in a separate field and searches are performed against
product description and brand.

One option is to use a custom HitCollector to keep track of the brands in
the result set but that would require reading the brand field for each doc
that matches the search term. We think this will be an order of magnitude
slower. Is there anything else that we can do?

Thanks,
Murali