lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene SpellChecker returns no suggetions after changing Server
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 15:38:12 GMT
So, what changed with the server?

 From the looks of your code, you're passing the same index into both
the Spellchecker and the IndexReader.   The spelling index is separate
from the main index.

See the example at: http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_0/api/contrib-spellchecker/org/apache/lucene/search/spell/SpellChecker.html

See also my Boot Camp examples at: http://www.lucenebootcamp.com/LuceneBootCamp/training/src/test/java/com/lucenebootcamp/training/basic/ContribExamplesTest.java

   Have a look at the testSpelling code there

HTH,
Grant

On Dec 9, 2008, at 2:50 AM, Matthias W. wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using Lucene's SpellChecker (Lucene 2.1.0) class to get
> suggestions.
> Till now my testing server was a VMWare-Image from  http://es.cohesiveft.com
> http://es.cohesiveft.com  (Ubuntu 8.10, Tomcat6, Java5).
> Now I'm using a Debian Etch Server with Tomcat5.5 and Java6.
>
> Code-Sample:
> String indexName = indexLocation;
> String queryString = null;
> queryString = URLDecoder.decode(request.getParameter("q"), "UTF-8");
> SpellChecker spellchecker = new
> SpellChecker(FSDirectory.getDirectory(indexName));
> String[] suggestions = spellchecker.suggestSimilar(queryString, 5,
> IndexReader.open(indexName), "content", false);
> for(int i = 0; i < suggestions.length; i++) {
> 	out.println(suggestions[i]);
> }
>
> This worked fine on the old server, but on my new server this returns
> nothing.
> The index is generated by the nutch crawler, but this shouldn't be the
> problem.
>
> I've got the lucene-spellchecker-2.1.0.jar in the WEB-INF/lib/ (If I
> remove
> it, I get the expected errormessage.)
>
> So I don't know why I neither get results, nor an errormessage.
> --

Grant Ingersoll

Lucene Helpful Hints: