lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tomer Gabel <to...@tomergabel.com>
Subject Re: Multiple IndexReaders from the same Index Directory - issues with Locks / performance
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2008 11:06:26 GMT

Ultimately it depends on your specific usage patterns. Generally speaking, if
you have IndexReaders (and do not use their delete functionality) you don't
need locking at all; you can use a no-op lock factory, in which case you'll
pretty much only be constrained by your storage subsystem.

-----
--

http://www.tomergabel.com Tomer Gabel