lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From 1world1love <>
Subject Re: optimize: went from 14488449 to 38449
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2008 21:04:39 GMT

Michael McCandless-2 wrote:
> How did you delete the documents?  EG, by docID using IndexReader, by
> Term or Query using IndexWriter?
> And when you said your previous index had 14488449 docs, was numDocs()
> or maxDoc()?

I deleted by docid. I got the number by numdocs.

Just to followup, I think that this was caused by some filesystem issues. My
sysadmin said there were numerous nfs errors in the log.

Also, after this happened, I ran a checkindex and got a weird EOF exception.

Since then, I made another copy and did a checksum on all of the files and
then did the optimize and it worked fine.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message