lucene-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From 1world1love <jd_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: optimize: went from 14488449 to 38449
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2008 21:04:39 GMT



Michael McCandless-2 wrote:
> 
> 
> How did you delete the documents?  EG, by docID using IndexReader, by  
> Term or Query using IndexWriter?
> 
> And when you said your previous index had 14488449 docs, was numDocs()  
> or maxDoc()?
> 
> 

I deleted by docid. I got the number by numdocs.

Just to followup, I think that this was caused by some filesystem issues. My
sysadmin said there were numerous nfs errors in the log.

Also, after this happened, I ran a checkindex and got a weird EOF exception.

Since then, I made another copy and did a checksum on all of the files and
then did the optimize and it worked fine.
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/optimize%3A-went-from-14488449-to-38449-tp21085589p21134951.html
Sent from the Lucene - Java Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message