lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Matthias W." <>
Subject Re: Lucene SpellChecker returns no suggetions after changing Server
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2008 10:59:38 GMT

Thanks for your answer.
I already found the reason for the bad performance.

hossman wrote:
> don't construct a new LuceneDictionary/IndexReader on every "suggest" call
> ... construct them once, and reuse them for each suggestion.
This was the first thing I did, but the effect was not that big...

The reason was the usage of the RAMDirectory. Now I'm usig
FSDirectory.getDirectory("/dictionary") instead of new RAMDirectory() and it
works fine.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message